Litigation support and forensic accounting services can be employed in a wide range of situations, including, but not limited to: commercial litigation, financial investigations, business valuations, business dissolutions and marital dissolutions.
Litigation support and forensic services often entail:*
- Quantification of loss/gain/damages pursuant to existing or pending litigation;
- Compile information to assist in the calculation and documentation of the event;
- Assisting in obtaining the necessary documentation to support or refute a claim;
- Examining relevant documentation to form an assessment of the case;
- Present opinion to support or oppose evidence submitted to the court
- Attend trial to present findings, hear the testimony of the opposing expert; and
- Reviewing the damages report by the opposing expert;
- Assisting with settlement discussions and negotiations;
- Providing assistance with cross-examination.
*This list is intended to give the reader a general overview of the some of the tasks that may be performed in a litigation assignment and is by no means all-inclusive - each situation is different. Please feel free to call me for a more in-depth discussion based on your specific facts and circumstances.
Forensic certifications attained include:
- CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- MAFF (Master Analyst in Financial Forensics)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts.
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.